Blog Journal 2
Being a sophomore in college I have used the MS Word plenty of times. I believe I started using word in middle school for scientific papers and all of that. So with all those years on me, you'd think I'd know a lot about this software but I actually do not know it too well. I do not know how most things work I just get my paper done and turn that in. I wish there were classes for students to teach them the basic needs for this program because in college I have seen that margins and footers and etc really are important for papers and I did not learn about this until senior year. I may be exaggerating a bit but the groove of this all is that schools do not teach these things in class and I would not mind being taught this. Amongst other things... like how to file taxes... Financial Aid.... You know....
Thankfully I have never been accused of copyright, I believe its just because I am too scared to completely copy something especially now that professors have websites like "Turnitin" and all of that. I have seen many of my peers who have been caught and in one instance was kicked out of the school for it. As a teacher, if this happened in my class with one of my students I wouldn't go to those measures. I would really like to sit down with that student and just try to understand why they would do that, see where we both can learn from that mistake and give that student a detention or something along those measures. If it happened other times and it continues then I'd take it to the principal and see it whatever fits him best. I don't believe that suspending a student works just because you're taking them away from their education and kicking them out completely doesn't help at all. That puts the family in a predicament that they probably are not ready to handle and once again puts the child out of school and no one needs that.
To prevent cyberbullying I really believe that going deep with this topic is the only way. Students not all but some pick on others, that has been something that has not changed. I feel like showing one another respect in the classroom and being open with everyone can go a long way. I would enforce a visual presentation on the impacts cyberbullying takes and really discuss with the students. And Freedom of speech, I honestly wish there was more of this in classes. Discussions would be much more open and versatile with different inputs and views of perspectives. It would teach one another hopefully how to listen and see things in a different way..
Thankfully I have never been accused of copyright, I believe its just because I am too scared to completely copy something especially now that professors have websites like "Turnitin" and all of that. I have seen many of my peers who have been caught and in one instance was kicked out of the school for it. As a teacher, if this happened in my class with one of my students I wouldn't go to those measures. I would really like to sit down with that student and just try to understand why they would do that, see where we both can learn from that mistake and give that student a detention or something along those measures. If it happened other times and it continues then I'd take it to the principal and see it whatever fits him best. I don't believe that suspending a student works just because you're taking them away from their education and kicking them out completely doesn't help at all. That puts the family in a predicament that they probably are not ready to handle and once again puts the child out of school and no one needs that.
To prevent cyberbullying I really believe that going deep with this topic is the only way. Students not all but some pick on others, that has been something that has not changed. I feel like showing one another respect in the classroom and being open with everyone can go a long way. I would enforce a visual presentation on the impacts cyberbullying takes and really discuss with the students. And Freedom of speech, I honestly wish there was more of this in classes. Discussions would be much more open and versatile with different inputs and views of perspectives. It would teach one another hopefully how to listen and see things in a different way..
Comments
Post a Comment