Blog Journal 1
I believe that there are a variety of different reasons why students and teachers are influenced to use technology in the class. We are more tech savvy I feel and it allows creativity to roam throughout the classroom. With a simple computer, the professor can make a regular lecture into a slide show with pictures, videos, music, and etc. We are in a digital world and that gives us the opportunity to bring that world into our classrooms!
ISTE Standards seem to be a good thing like the book said it's not about implementing technology to an outdated way of teaching it is integrating technology and potentially amplifying it in our best capacity. it allows collaboration, creativity, and communication.
To be digital native means that a person was brought up in the era of when technology was booming, basically, I am a digital native. I personally do not see anything wrong with that, I can fix a TV because I know how to use google, how to use youtube and fix things quickly. Whenever there is something wrong I usually go to the internet to seek a solution. Being in school all my life I have seen a very big difference in digital natives and digital immigrants. Professors struggle to pull up their own power points on the projector and constant problems with not knowing how to turn on a computer or work a cellphone. This use to take time out of our class and sometimes start arguments with the professors because they felt like we were too young to tell them how to do something. Without technology I problem wouldn't have done so well in school, with this it allows me to see it on the board, have interactions and different ways to display lectures! I find technology being a great asset to education and wouldn't want to see it any other way.
ISTE Standards seem to be a good thing like the book said it's not about implementing technology to an outdated way of teaching it is integrating technology and potentially amplifying it in our best capacity. it allows collaboration, creativity, and communication.
To be digital native means that a person was brought up in the era of when technology was booming, basically, I am a digital native. I personally do not see anything wrong with that, I can fix a TV because I know how to use google, how to use youtube and fix things quickly. Whenever there is something wrong I usually go to the internet to seek a solution. Being in school all my life I have seen a very big difference in digital natives and digital immigrants. Professors struggle to pull up their own power points on the projector and constant problems with not knowing how to turn on a computer or work a cellphone. This use to take time out of our class and sometimes start arguments with the professors because they felt like we were too young to tell them how to do something. Without technology I problem wouldn't have done so well in school, with this it allows me to see it on the board, have interactions and different ways to display lectures! I find technology being a great asset to education and wouldn't want to see it any other way.
Comments
Post a Comment