Blog Post 5
Web 2.0 tools being banned due to ELA standards is a
tad absurd. I would definitely use the website Blogger, with my students. This
would be such a fun and interactive way to communicate and also assign prompts
for my students to go on and write about. Tools of this certain function I
believe are useful. Certain tools like Flickr, I do not really find any reason
for it because there are ways you can upload pictures and make it interactive.
These online websites like Myspace and Flickr I really do not think they are
very much Useful. Blogger is a website based off of google where you can write
about anything and upload it to the web. This freedom can bring a lot of
creativity to a classroom and in a way comfort because this would be my
students own personal thoughts being expressed. Give them being so fluent and comfortable
in class, that really doesn’t happen because of pressure but online a shy
student can compete and be on the same terms of a extroverted student in
campus. Therefore not only allowing that student to socially grow but also
letting this student have a sense of voice and that capturing their interest in
school overall.
Future
technology I feel like we are soon to have automatic systems teach us and no
longer have the need for teachers. I say this only because there is so much
growth in technology these days. I do feel like this is a far fetched stretch
but technology is constantly growing. Something I do believe can happen is that
we’ll have real systems that allow us to virtually be in a setting and learn
about that there and then all within being in your classroom. Although that
does sound like a virtual reality, but this would be reality.
Comments
Post a Comment