Blog Journal 4
Twitter to me is not only just a place where I can tweet, It is also a place where I can catch real-life news through verified accounts and have that information in the palm of my hands. To incorporate that into academics, I really find it useful! I find it interesting and I have never done something like this for a class. Although there are some things that I am lost with, just following what needs to be tweeted out on a weekly basis and all that stuff. I really do think I will enjoy this assignment. I also recently just made my account due to not remembering about the assignment last week.
The digital divide affects student success by many things, does not give them the opportunity to be tech savvy, doesn't allow them to learn in a different way, maybe they are visual learners and not having access to internet or technology would help them. Software applications like powerpoint and online educational games. I most definitely will experience this lack of technology in a certain way, it will be there but the visual part, the visual learning and most things that make these software applications fun and easy to use will be challenged especially because the students I plan to teach will not have that opportunity to see. Dealing with the visually impaired and these online software applications I feel like will be something else, a whole new level.
So my first thoughts when reading this chapter was that most of these software applications are geared to students that can see... I understand completely it is geared to that community but what happens to students that have visual disabilities or etc? As a student who wants to teach students that are visually impaired, I found it a bit hard to incorporate these software applications that will benefit not only myself but the students. I can easily use each and every software for my personal use and teach from what I have learned through the apps but that is no fun to my future students. I am planning to focus on 1st-grade students that are blind and this is such a hard time in their life. I think I would have to do more personal research but one thing I did think could help would be power points. Although my students wouldn't be able to see, if I can incorporate speeches, videos, music, different sounds to help my students focus and more I think it can still be an effective and fun way to do teach! Another one would be 3D animations but I do feel like that would be a bit expensive and not something I could incorporate everywhere I teach.
The digital divide affects student success by many things, does not give them the opportunity to be tech savvy, doesn't allow them to learn in a different way, maybe they are visual learners and not having access to internet or technology would help them. Software applications like powerpoint and online educational games. I most definitely will experience this lack of technology in a certain way, it will be there but the visual part, the visual learning and most things that make these software applications fun and easy to use will be challenged especially because the students I plan to teach will not have that opportunity to see. Dealing with the visually impaired and these online software applications I feel like will be something else, a whole new level.
So my first thoughts when reading this chapter was that most of these software applications are geared to students that can see... I understand completely it is geared to that community but what happens to students that have visual disabilities or etc? As a student who wants to teach students that are visually impaired, I found it a bit hard to incorporate these software applications that will benefit not only myself but the students. I can easily use each and every software for my personal use and teach from what I have learned through the apps but that is no fun to my future students. I am planning to focus on 1st-grade students that are blind and this is such a hard time in their life. I think I would have to do more personal research but one thing I did think could help would be power points. Although my students wouldn't be able to see, if I can incorporate speeches, videos, music, different sounds to help my students focus and more I think it can still be an effective and fun way to do teach! Another one would be 3D animations but I do feel like that would be a bit expensive and not something I could incorporate everywhere I teach.
Comments
Post a Comment